Simply Palak

Mummy thought about feeding us good food that was packed with good nutrition. One time when I was little anemic, she advised me to add more palak (spinach) in my diet. 'Adding other ingredients like paneer or potatoes (as in usual spinach dishes like palak paneer and spinach with potatoes) will prevent you from eating lot of spinach' she insisted. She gave me this spinach recipe with just 3 ingredients (not counting salt and oil) that allowed me to add more spinach to my diet and hence add more iron. I did not think much of the recipe when she described it to me but once I started to make it, I got hooked. I usually ate this with roti or paratha and plain yogurt. This recipe has also become a staple for me every time I have worried about my iron intake like during my pregnancies.

Ingredients

1 tbsp oil or ghee
4 cloves of garlic crushed
1 lb spinach
2-3 red chillies broken in pieces or hot green chillies sliced
salt

Method
1. Wash the spinach and cut it in small pieces
2. Heat oil or ghee. When hot, add crushed garlic and fry for few seconds. Add chillies.
3. When the garlic is golden, add spinach.
4. Stir and add salt.
4. Cover and cook till spinach is cooked. Open and cook on high heat so there is no water left.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soup

Birthday Cake