Ragi flour roti ...finally

I bought Ragi (finger millet) flour over 6 months ago in hope of making ragi roti. But the idea of spreading roti with my hands kept me from trying to make it. Finally watching couple of you tube videos made me feel comfortable enough to give it a try this Sunday.

Chopped shallots, green onion, cilantro ready to be added to ragi flour.
 Cilantro, hot green chillies, yogurt, grated coconut ready to be blended into coconut cilantro chutney.
C
 I used lightly oil parchment paper to spread ragi roti.
Enjoyed ragi roti with chutney and some leftover sambhar (from previous day). It turned out to be a 4 star recipe getting good reviews from everybody in the family.









Recipe

The two videos that I really found useful were this video that shows how to roll out roti on a plastic sheet and this video which shows multiple ways of rolling out the roti.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup

Spring cleaning of my pantry & refrigerator

Mooli Tamatar Ka Salad (Radish/Tomato relish)