Fresh ground spices for bold flavors - Bhuna Jeera (Roasted cumin) and Dhaniya (coriander) pwder

It goes without saying that fresh ground spices will make your food more aromatic and flavorful. Grinding your own spices is easy and require hardly any time or technique as long as you know how to measure and have some machine to grind small batch of spices. I use a small coffee grinder. I do buy already ground spice powders but there are some that I always make my own. Making bhuna jeera (roasted cumin seeds) powder or dhaniya (coriander) powder is totally worth the effort and these are used in Indian cooking all the time.

Recipes

Dhaniya powder - I make a small batch of dhaniya powder whenever i run out and need some more. I keep it coarse.

Bhuna jeera powder - Heat a heavy bottom skillet/pan on low to medium heat. Put cumin seeds turning them every few minutes till a shade darker. You will be able to smell as the aroma is released. Let it cool and grind. Again, I like it slightly coarse.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup

Spring cleaning of my pantry & refrigerator

Mooli Tamatar Ka Salad (Radish/Tomato relish)